Today I took my first real step forward to taking my photography to the next level. I have placed an advertisement in the local St. Cloud newspaper for the intent to register my fictitious name "tabFoto Photography". It is currently on the St. Cloud in the News website but will be out on print later this week on 10/19/11.
Next step? Registering my fictitious name with Florida Department of State of Corporations then eventually (meaning maybe in 6 months, a year or maybe longer) getting a business license. I definitely want to increase my skills and knowledge before stepping into another field. In addition to my full-time job as a SLP in the school system, I work a couple hours a week at a private practice, and am also a self-employed subcontractor for home health care companies. On top of that I have a 2 1/2 toddler I adore. So you can imagine I don't want to jump into "too" much at once. Of course I will still keep my full-time job (I enjoy the flexibility and variety being a therapist provides me) but being able to do photography, even as a part-time profession, would be so much fun too!
No comments:
Post a Comment