My hubby and I had the opportunity to treat ourselves to a night out to Emeril's Tchoup Chop. Our original restaurant was booked for the time we wanted to eat so we decided on taking this place up for a change. I have to say, it was a pretty good choice.
As we waited for our table, we headed over to the restaurant bar. There was an extensive wine list but I thought it was better to try the homemade sangria. And because the pitcher was about the same price as getting 2 glasses, I ordered a pitcher. How sad because I looked like a lush! I did finish all but maybe a glass. Can you say yum?
After we got seated at our table, we immediately glanced at the menu for appetizers and agreed on the on Pork Belly. If you are Filipino, you can say it resembled an open siopao except the meat was pure deliciousness and you were able to identify what type of meat it was.
![]() |
| Mongolian Glazed Slow Roasted Pork Belly in Chinese Style Steamed Buns with Spicy Napa Slaw |
For my main entree, I was debating on which fish I should go with. For some reason, whenever I see Sea Bass or Grouper I can't help but want it. Some places can make those types of fish just melt in your mouth. But then I saw the Seared Yellowfin Tuna Steak. I love me some sushi grade tuna. But what really got me was the "smoked bacon-wasabi butter infusion." Say what? So you can guess which one I picked.
![]() |
| Hot Iron Seared Yellowfin Tuna Steak with Thai Sticky Rice and Smoked Bacon-Wasabi Butter Infusion |
Josh decided to go with the pan roasted Maple leaf farms duck breast (AKA the quack quack). I have to say it was pretty good.
![]() |
| Pan Roasted Maple Leaf Farms Duck Breast with a Sweet Potato Gratin, Gingered Pear Chutney Chutney and Umeboshi Plum Glaze |
Finally to end our delicious meal we decided to take a peek at the desserts. Luckily we quickly agreed on the
crispy guava & sweet cream cheese dumplings. I have to say that was the HIGHLIGHT of my meal. I am not a dessert girl. I hardly ever get dessert so you can imagine how much I highly recommend this dish. I honestly could have had 10 of these. So stinkin' GOOD!
![]() |
| Crispy Guava & Sweet Cream Cheese Dumplings Mango and Lilikoi Sauces |
So if you are out and about in the Orlando area, I highly recommend this place. Great atmosphere, decor, & staff. I would LOVE to try out the rest of the menu.






No comments:
Post a Comment