Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Disney in October

Now that we have moved away from Florida, heading to Walt Disney World was more difficult.  So I decided to make a Florida trip with Julian while my husband was out of the country and spend a few days at the Disney Parks and a few days with family.  Of course I had to time it right.  I knew that Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival was underway as well as Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.  So why not enjoy both of these events that both my son and I enjoyed so much last year?

I decided to swing by Hollywood Studios when we arrived that Tuesday morning so that my son Julian could enjoy 2 of his favorite attractions... 1) Disney Junior Live On Stage and 2) Toy Story Mania.  Luckily we were able to do both before noon and ventured off to Epcot.

Since I had Julian with me at Epcot (and my son is an AVID stroller rider), I didn't have many hands available so my food/drink holding ability was not going to be easy.  In addition, there were still quite a few people there albeit we went during the week so seating was sparse.  I say this because when you view my pictures below, you won't criticize them as much.

But here are a few of the delectable foods/drinks I choose on my journey:
Argentina- Grilled Beef Skewer

Australia- Rosemont Estate Traminer Riesling

China- Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce

South Korea- Lettuce Wrap with Pork

Hops & Barley (America)- New England Clam Chowder

Japan- Spicy Tuna Hand Roll (Awesome!)

Belgium- Belgian waffle with berry compote (for Julian)
Steamed Mussels in Hoegaarden beer broth (for me)

 Hawaii- Tuna Poke


The second day of Disney we spent at Animal Kingdom.  I knew it was going to be a short day at the parks since I made a hair appointment with my friend and stylist in Saint Cloud and since Animal Kingdom is the smallest park (attraction-wise), it was a good choice.  Luckily we got to see the best attraction there, the Lion King show and I took Julian on the water-soaking Rapid ride.  Although I brought ponchos for us on the ride, we still ended up getting wet.  He told me he didn't want to go on the "bunny" ride anymore (because he thought I said "rabbit" not "rapid" ride).

The final day of Disney was spent at Magic Kingdom.  Since we knew we were going to be there late that night, I decided to take a short break mid-afternoon and sneak in a nap for Julian for more trick-or-treating fun throughout Magic Kingdom.  Within 5 hours we went on all the attractions he wanted to go on- Buzz ride, Monster's Inc., Stitch ride (that was me), the teacups, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, the Carousel, Peter Pan, Small World, and Pirates of the Caribbean.  We even were able to eat lunch in Adventureland.  We only missed 2- the Jungle Cruise and the Magic Carpet ride.  And I am sure he would've enjoyed exploring again at Tom Sawyer's Island.  But our time was limited.  In the evening, we first took pictures with a few Disney Princesses and their Princes,
Snow White & her Prince

Cinderella & Prince Charming


Rapunzel & Flynn


watched the special "Boo to You" Halloween fireworks and parade, '

Ear muffs are the best!

Marvelous fireworks behind Cinderella's Castle


and went around to all the trick-or-treating spots around the park.  We were able to fill both his Mickey bucket and my bag full of candy.  And we were able to stop at two different dance parties for my little man to get his groove on.  He is such a dancer.

Working it at Woody's Dance Party


We definitely enjoyed our days at the Disney Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment