Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I am finally comfortable to announce...

That:

A) I'm moving to Hollywood to become a rock star,
B) I'm in love with the cold weather, I've decided to become an Eskimo, or
C) We are pregnant and are due mid-June!

Ok so most of you know that Josh and I have been trying to conceive for well over a year as well as ended up having a miscarriage last June. We are so happy to announce we are expecting a baby on June 17, 2013. Yes, you heard it, June. Another Gemini (of course I only go by the "original" zodiac calendar) in our household. May and June are our expensive gift giving months, but I have to say I am not too upset about this news. I am just thrilled we are finally having another baby. It was a rough year and a half , but God pulled us through and things are turning for the better.

As I write this blog, I am 13 weeks pregnant. And I have known I've been pregnant since week 5. It was difficult for me to keep this from the world but I wanted to be sure and to get through the 1st trimester before spreading the word. I wanted to wait to make my grand announcement day 1 of my 2nd trimester (14 weeks) however I just found out my mother couldn't wait 1 more week and already told her friends. Okay, I am not really upset that she announced it, just a little irritated that my own friends did not find out until after my mom's friends. 😤

Julian has known since week 7, after our first ultrasound and I have to say he seems pretty excited. One morning he woke up and told me he dreamt of the baby and it was a girl. Other days he sings to my belly as if singing to the baby. And during my morning sickness days he would ask the baby to stop making mommy feel yucky. He constantly changes from wanting a baby brother to a baby sister; but I know he will be an awesome big brother either way.

As of our last appointment, the baby was developing normally and they were happy to have a good report during the genetic screening. I continue to have occasional nausea and headaches but the worse has definitely passed.

I want to thank those who've put me in your prayers and to continue those prayers for a healthy pregnancy. I also want to give hope to those who have been trying, because you are definitely not alone. Keep the faith because that is what will make our dreams come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment