![]() |
| Julian walking uncomfortably away from the poolside |
This morning was Julian's winter clothes test. He wore a long sleeve shirt, denim pants, socks, shoes, diaper cover and regular diaper. I was afraid that he was going to be screaming the whole time for the fact that he was wearing clothes which would be weighing him down and because the instructor would be putting him in situations that would not be predictable. I think he kept quiet because he had some observers/friends watching him in action. During this test he demonstrated the ability to float for over 1 1/2 minutes until the instructor picked him up out of the water. Another test- passed!
Lesson 13- Friday, August 5 (PM)
The Season Finale !
Of course with Julian's lesson being in the late afternoon during the usual afternoon shower time, I have a fear of the weather. Luckily at 4:45PM the skies were blue and clear. At the final lesson, I got to swim in the pool with the instructor and Julian to learn to "have fun" with him in the pool. Of course, I got to ask tons of "what if" questions and got my answers. I have learned that my son is still a "floater" which is a good thing. You need to be able to be a good floater (not swimmer) to survive. He can swim underwater to me/wall for about 2 seconds (optimal is 3 seconds; never longer than 7 seconds), loves to float, swims to hand targets, enjoys "kicking" and holding on to me, and most importantly is safe in the water with adult supervision. Thank you Safe Start- YMCA! Thank you Infant Swimming Resource! Thank you Ms. Anita!


No comments:
Post a Comment