Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Safe Start" ISR Refresher lessons- Day 4

Lesson 4- Monday, July 11
In the beginning of the session, Julian appeared to have regressed a bit.  Over the weekend, Julian went swimming in the pool for my niece's 3rd birthday.  I did tell her that we were going to be in the water over the weekend and I followed what she told me to do, "Keep him on the wall."  Thankfully he didn't scream his head off the whole time and he actually choose between wanting to "swim" and "float".  When Julian was asked to swim to the wall, he attempted to swim to the teacher.  Of course, I got the lecture from his teacher on what happened over the weekend and of course I told her, when he tried it with me, I pushed his reach toward the wall.  Apparently I did the correct thing. The lesson today consisted of learning to rest while floating and to swim toward the wall. Again in the beginning of the session, Julian wailed and kept wanting to get out of the water but something miraculous happened. The teacher started counting.  Julian started counting.  The teacher praised him.  Julian smiled.  Even though Julian still wanted to get out of the water at the end of the session, he wasn't crying about it.  Progress, slowly but surely.

Doing a happy dance
(probably because his lesson is over for the day.)

1..., 2..., 3!
(By the way, this will probably be the last you will see of Julian with his instructor.  At the end of the session I found out that I wasn't allowed to photograph or take video during instruction.  Whoops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment