Lesson 8- Thursday, July 21 at 9AM
The trouble with morning sessions is that they can't eat/drink anything when they wake up. So I tried to avoid the kitchen as much as possible this morning. Went potty, brushed his teeth, changed him into his swim gear & Crocs and out the door we went. I packed the car prior to getting him up because the quicker we're outta the house, the less time he has to ask me for some milk. We arrive there without complaint. As we waited for our turn, Julian rested his head and took in some rays.
Julian needed a little calming down before our session began. Why he does this every day, I don't know. But after a while of swimming to the wall, floating, working on flipbacks, he was smiling. Yay, he's smiling! His teacher worked on his floating, rollbacks and flipbacks. For some reason he was flipping vertically versus horizontally. And he still needed the cue to flipback and reach the wall. Julian was really enjoying the interactive counting the teacher incorporated in the session that after his last turn HE told the teacher, "One last time!" I couldn't believe it. And on that last time, after counting "1, 2, 3", Julian flipped over on his own. I'm so proud of my boy!
Lesson 9- Thursday, July 21 at 5:50PM
This afternoon Jules was smiling and laughing for 90% of the lesson. Talk about improvement. His teacher continued to work on his rollbacks and continued to need little to no cues for his flipbacks. She stated today that she finally figured out that if Julian was too far from the edge, he won't even attempt to swim; he'll just float. My son is a lazy bum! Can't wait till tomorrow's lesson because I can go in the pool with him.
![]() |
| After 2 lessons, 6 hours of school, 1 hour shopping, 1 hour socializing at the bowling alley and NO nap! |


No comments:
Post a Comment