Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

"Safe Start" ISR Refresher lessons- Introduction

Drowning. One of many fears I had as a child. Living in Florida, we have pools, ponds, lakes, and the ocean around us. Last July, after research and recommendations, I decided to enroll Julian with the drowning prevention program "Safe Start" which teaches the Infant Swimming Resource system to young children. 7 weeks later, Julian graduated and passed the "test" in his street clothes.
It's been 11 months since his last lesson and unfortunately I felt like he didn't retain anything. He went a few months without getting in a pool however last December I tried to get him to swim in a pool with me and he just held on to me with his dear life. I knew he needed refresher courses, but I wanted to wait until I had time to dedicate to the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment